Cyprus is the world’s 80th largest island by area. Cyprus is a popular tourist terminus especially for beach holidays. This is because Cyprus has one of the warmest climates in that part of the European Union. It has over 300 days of sunshine a year and a summer stretching from May to October, with a Mediterranean climate sound like your perfect study abroad destination. Cyprus is ready to accompany international students to make their educational and social life a unique experience. It is Well-known for its sunny beaches, luxurious hotels and impeccable tourism services.
Cyprus has invested its riches in a high-quality European education system, with affordable university tuition costs and plenty of facilities and benefits.With a booming sector comprising 3 public and 7 private Universities and more than 40 public and private higher education institutions enjoying international academic and scientific recognition, the island attracts thousands of international students every year.
1) Cyprus universities offer high-quality education at an affordable tuition fee than several other countries.
2) You can study in Cyprus without IELTS. Usually, abroad countries have a requirement of IELTS to prove proficiency in the English Language. But the good news is you can take admission in Cyprus without attempting IELTS.
3) The study degrees obtained from the higher education institutes in Cyprus are recognized worldwide.
4) The higher education institutions in Cyprus have high-standard libraries, study halls, restrooms and student assistance offices.
5) The citizens of Cyprus are well known for their hospitality and friendly nature. Wherever you go on the island you will feel a warm and relaxing atmosphere.
6) Students from different corners of the world migrate to Cyprus for their higher education. Thus the country has a mixture of people from different cultures. You will gain a unique international experience between these students in Cyprus.
7) There are numerous Scholarships offered to International students that cover up to 40% of tuition fees. If you are successful in obtaining a scholarship, you will get an international degree at a very low budget.
8) You can also get a work permit after study in Cyprus. There are plenty of employment opportunities available for students to build their career in Cyprus.
Every year, many International students take admission to the Institutes of Cyprus as it offers higher education in a safe, multicultural environment at a very reasonable cost. Remember, the eligibility criteria of all Colleges and Universities of Cyprus is not the same. Some Institutes may have slightly different criteria. Students can apply for undergraduate courses in Cyprus twice a year.
If a student is applying for admission to any Cyprus Institute, the following requirements must be fulfilled:
1) A valid Passport
2) Photocopy of Passport
3) Passport size photograph
4) A duly signed application form
5) Academic certificates
6) Fund proof
7) Police Clearance Certificate
8) Health insurance coverage
9) Statement of Purpose
10) International community
Temporary Residence Permits
The Cyprus residence permit is what allows foreign nationals to legally live in Cyprus for longer than three months. While you are living in Cyprus with a temporary Cyprus residence permit, you cannot leave the country for longer than 3 months since your permit would be automatically canceled.
The application for Entry and Temporary Residence and Employment Permit is submitted by your employer with a copy of your employment contract to the Civil Registry and Migration Department through the appropriate District Office of the Aliens and Immigration Unit of the Police or at the Central Offices of the Civil Registry and Migration Department in the nation’s capital, Nicosia.
This permit is for a maximum period of employment for 4 years. Exemptions for the 4 year limit are those employed as:
1) highly skilled personnel employed in companies with turnover of more than a million or hundreds of thousands euros and with activities within the priorities set for economic development
To apply, you need to prepare the following documents:
3) Signed visa application form
4) Photocopy of valid passport
5) Police clearance letter stating the applicant is of good character and that he has not committed any criminal offence (the letter should not be older than 3 months)
6) Medical examination certificate (stating the applicant is free from HIV, Hepatitis B and C, Tuberculosis)
7) Bank statement or Credit Card Statement
8) Passport size photographs (3)
8) Stamped Employment contract from Cyprus’s based company
Founders, managers and employees of innovative startup businesses from third countries are permitted to enter, reside and work in Cyprus without the need to follow the process of a temporary residence and employment permit. This scheme grants permission to entrepreneurs (non-EU nationals and non-EEA nationals), to enter, reside and work in Cyprus in order to establish or operate or develop a startup with a high growth potential. Permanent Residence Permit
The Cyprus Permanent Resident Permit entitles third-country citizens to enter and stay as permanent residents in Cyprus with no limitations and gain similar rights to Cypriot citizens. It does not expire, and you will not need to renew it.
If you have lived in Cyprus with a Temporary Residence Permit for at least 5 years, during which time you did not leave Cyprus for longer than 3 months, you are entitled to apply for a Cyprus Permanent Residence Permit.
1) Choose a Program
Start by choosing a degree program that is right for you. Select the level of studies you are looking for (bachelor, master, PhD), and your field of study. Keep in mind that you may be required to take a proficiency test or extra language lessons. Start by choosing the degree program that is right for you. Whether you’re an undergraduate or graduate student, there are degrees in a multitude of fields across disciplines.
2) Prepare the Paperwork
Among the basic paperwork that is commonly required by all universities is a letter of motivation, recommendation letter, and a portfolio of previous work if applicable. Universities will also require proof of completion of previous studies. To satisfy this requirement, send the university an official transcript from your secondary school if you’re beginning a bachelor’s or your previous university if you’re pursuing a master’s degree or higher. If you are not a native speaker, you may also need to successfully pass an English proficiency test, such as the TOEFL Test.
3) Check Specific Admission Requirements
Depending on the university, specific documentation could be required. Always consult the university website for specific admission requirements and contact the appropriate university office if you have any questions.
4) Submit Your Application
To study in Cyprus, the application process after finding your desired course of study is fairly simple and straightforward or both or undergraduate and postgraduate openings. Universities in Cyprus have two main intakes which are in all starting September and in spring starting February every year. Most applications to universities in Cyprus are done through an online application system. Application forms are available through specific university websites, and they often don’t require an application fee to be paid.
5) Wait to Be Admitted
Admission results are often announced by the end of spring. If you are studying at a private university, you will usually be asked to pay the tuition fees for the first semester. Otherwise, the university where you will pursue your studies will send you an official letter of admission, admission confirmation for visa purposes, and other practical information about studying abroad in Cyprus.
6) Apply for a Visa
Once you’ve been invited to enroll to a higher education institution in Cyprus, begin the visa application process as soon as possible. The process can take time and requires several important documents, so do not wait. Non-EU/EEA/Swiss students won’t be allowed to enter and stay in Cyprus without the proper visa.
7) EU/EEA/EFTA national
EU nationals and citizens of Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway, and Switzerland don’t require a student visa. However, they will need a residence permit if their intended stay exceeds three months.
8) Non-EU/EEA/EFTA national
Who needs to apply for a visa to study in Cyprus? You need a Cyprus student visa if you are not a citizen of EU/EEA/Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway, and Switzerland (EFTA) or want to study in Cyprus for a period longer than 90 days.
Student Visa Procedure in the Republic of Cyprus (Southern Cyprus)
Before leaving your home country, all foreign students must make sure to bring:
1) A Cyprus entry visa application form fully completed and signed.
2) Letter of acceptance from the Cyprus educational institution.
3) Four (4) passport-size photographs, taken in front of a white background.
4) Money in cash for the accommodation and living expenses.
5) Certificate of police clearance from police authorities in your country.
6) Travel health insurance.
7) Your Passport, which must be valid for at least one (1) year from the day of entry into Cyprus.
8) After you enter Cyprus, you are also required to undergo a medical examination.
7) Arrive in Cyprus
After you’ve been admitted to a university and have received the necessary visa, it’s time to begin your adventures in Cyprus! Make sure to investigate the cost of living in the city you will be staying in and what your budget will be. Once you have that, you can begin looking for accommodation. Finally, it’s time to purchase your transportation to Cyprus and arrive in your new home city! No matter where you’re staying, there are plenty of sights and attractions to be enjoyed.
Cyprus is definitely a great option to consider for studying abroad With its practically-oriented curriculum, high graduate rates, accessible study programmes and high living standards. Cyprus offers affordable and high-quality education. Cyprus offers a wide-range of degree programs in numerous fields and disciplines. As an international student, you are welcome to complete all or part of your education in Cyprus.